Common chiropractic treatments include a range of different techniques, such as:
- spinal manipulation, sometimes called an adjustment – using the hands to apply controlled force to a joint of the spine
- mobilisation – gentle movement of the joint to increase its range of motion
- application of heat or ice
- soft tissue techniques – such as massage
- activity modification – suggesting how to make changes to your day-to-day activities to alleviate discomfort and enable recovery
- lifestyle advice – such as healthy eating and physical activity advice
- physiologic therapeutics – such as use of ultrasound, laser or TENS
- orthotics – shoe inserts that help support the feet and improve posture and alignment
- drop piece table technique – the use of a specially designed table to help mobilise a joint in a controlled way
- treatment of other joints, including feet, ankles, shoulders, wrists, elbows.
Your chiropractor will discuss these with you as part of a shared decision-making process.